When I picture the windows open in a room, I imagine warm sunshine streaming through as the wind gently blows the curtains. Fresh air hits me and I am compelled to take a deep breath. The refreshing energy fills my soul. Of course there are only certain seasons when it's practical to open the windows, but my goal is to fill my heart, home, and family with a beautiful serenity that always makes me think the windows are open!

Wednesday, November 24

Harvesting the Pumpkins

Garden Pumpkins

In October we picked the biggest pumpkin from our garden for a Halloween jack-o-lantern and left the rest in the garden to keep growing.  This week we picked several more to make pies and side dishes for Thanksgiving.  They weigh about 25 lbs!

rouge vif d'Etampes pumpkin
cinderella pumpkin
pumpkin
  rouge vif d'Etampes

I love having such fresh produce.  This year one of the things I am most thankful for is all the progress we’ve made in turning our bare property into our dream hobby farm. 
pumpkin harvest
Thank you God for the many blessings!!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and meet new people. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails