When I picture the windows open in a room, I imagine warm sunshine streaming through as the wind gently blows the curtains. Fresh air hits me and I am compelled to take a deep breath. The refreshing energy fills my soul. Of course there are only certain seasons when it's practical to open the windows, but my goal is to fill my heart, home, and family with a beautiful serenity that always makes me think the windows are open!

Friday, July 9

Painted Toadstool

Today I managed to get all three of my little ones to nap at the same time.  So I got to sit down at their craft table to do a craft of my own.  
clipart
I love the look of the red toadstools with white spots and have wanted one for outdoor decor in my garden.  You know, the ones where the fairies live in the children’s stories.  But I couldn’t find any I loved - in the right size - at the right price. 

Instead I found this online and bought some craft paint.original mushrooms


I used Jo-Ann Craft Essentials Gloss Acrylic Paint in “Bright Red” and “White”.  They are durable for outdoor and indoor use.
paint

progress1 progress2 progress3
Ooh I’m all tipsy, excited. I’m loving how this looks.  **drumming fingers on the table… waiting impatiently for the red paint to dry**  Oops, maybe I should go take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer while I wait.  BRB

*            *            *            *            *            *            *            *            *            *

K, I’m back.  Yep today is cloth diaper washing day.  Then after that it’s wash the potty trainer’s sheets for the second time this week.  But hey, gotta love being a mom!

So here it is with the white dots painted on.
white dots

And in it’s new home in my herb bed.
at home

I’m so in love with how this turned out!  And I can’t believe how easy it was.  Mu-ahh!

Rebecca

You can find this party girl at:






 


CreativeShareWednesdays

1 comment:

  1. This is also nice idea,You must add this in some link party,you will get many comments over it!!!good luck

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and meet new people. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails