Another item reveal in my little girl room. Here are the curtains I did. They were super easy and quick to make. I thought I might have problems since I added a light-blocking liner, but that turned out pretty simple to add.
I started with long, tone-on-tone, white striped material and added a strip of purple flowered material to the top.
After cutting a piece of blackout liner to the size of the finished curtain, I laid it on the back of the curtain and folded the sides of the curtain over, tucking under 1/4 inch on the hem. Then I stitched along the edges.
I hemmed the bottom by hand using a few whip stitches and tied the curtains onto the curtain rods. The rods I got at Hobby Lobby for just over $7 each with coupons. They came in a kit that included the finials and hanging brackets. A quick coat of white paint and they were ready to go up.
For the tiebacks, I used strips of the white fabric and put button holes in both ends.
I found these adorable purple buttons in my stash and tied them onto U-nails I hammered into the wall. Slipped the tieback around the curtain and put the button through both button holes.
The look is perfect for the room!
It’s purplishous!! There are a few other details I want to add to the room in the coming weeks. Once I get the furniture back in place I’ll reveal the whole room. Stay tuned.