When I picture the windows open in a room, I imagine warm sunshine streaming through as the wind gently blows the curtains. Fresh air hits me and I am compelled to take a deep breath. The refreshing energy fills my soul. Of course there are only certain seasons when it's practical to open the windows, but my goal is to fill my heart, home, and family with a beautiful serenity that always makes me think the windows are open!

Tuesday, May 18

Little Girl’s Room Curtains

 

Another item reveal in my little girl room.  Here are the curtains I did.  They were super easy and quick to make.  I thought I might have problems since I added a light-blocking liner, but that turned out pretty simple to add.

finished

 

I started with long, tone-on-tone, white striped material and added a strip of purple flowered material to the top.

construct1

 

Then, I added a 5/8 inch grosgrain purple ribbon over the seam.construct2 

Next I added 7/8 inch grosgrain purple ribbons to the top for a tie-on curtain. construct2_5

I used a thin strip of white material across the top for a smooth seam allowance. construct3

This strip was then ironed to the back.construct4 

After cutting a piece of blackout liner to the size of the finished curtain, I laid it on the back of the curtain and folded the sides of the curtain over, tucking under 1/4 inch on the hem.  Then I stitched along the edges.construct5

construct6

 

I hemmed the bottom by hand using a few whip stitches and tied the curtains onto the curtain rods.  The rods I got at Hobby Lobby for just over $7 each with coupons.  They came in a  kit that included the finials and hanging brackets.  A quick coat of white paint and they were ready to go up.construct6_5 

For the tiebacks, I used strips of the white fabric and put button holes in both ends.

construct7

I found these adorable purple buttons in my stash and tied them onto U-nails I hammered into the wall.  Slipped the tieback around the curtain and put the button through both button holes.

construct9a construct8a

construct9_1

The look is perfect for the room!

construct9_5

It’s purplishous!! There are a few other details I want to add to the room in the coming weeks.  Once I get the furniture back in place I’ll reveal the whole room.  Stay tuned.

 

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and meet new people. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails