When I picture the windows open in a room, I imagine warm sunshine streaming through as the wind gently blows the curtains. Fresh air hits me and I am compelled to take a deep breath. The refreshing energy fills my soul. Of course there are only certain seasons when it's practical to open the windows, but my goal is to fill my heart, home, and family with a beautiful serenity that always makes me think the windows are open!

Wednesday, April 13

Outdoor Fun this Spring

The weather here has been SO nice this spring that I’ve been spending most of my time outdoors.  And my indoor projects (and blog) have taken a backseat.

Here are some of the fun projects I’ve been doing outside.

The Garden
We put in a large garden this year (1200 sqft) with carrots, asparagus, corn, beets, okra, cauliflower, squash, beans, cucumber, tomatillos, peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce.  Oh and did I mention weeds?  Yes, they seem to grow faster and better than anything else. Go figure!

garden

I built some pepper “cages” out of bamboo sticks.  We have bamboo growing on the edge of the orchard so they were free.

bamboo for peppers



I’m waiting impatiently for these tomatoes to turn red and show up on my supper table.

green tomatoes
Roses
I also spent the better part of a Saturday putting up some trellis and getting my rose bush to climb it.  This display was sure worth it!


rose trellis


Yard fence and gate

Hubby, my dad, and I also spent some time putting in a back gate out to our pond.

back gate



Then I started work on our yard fence. 

yard fence1

yard fence 3


Each post has an 80 lb bag of concrete and about 15 lbs of rock in it.  Good thing I’ve built my strength carrying kids around all day!

yard fence 2


As you can see, I still have a ways to go.  Thank goodness hubby will be home all weekend!  Btw, he’s the one that rented an auger and dug all the holes.



more to do

Hope you’re finding some outdoor fun this spring too.  Get some vitamin D, but be sure to protect your skin from the UV.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and meet new people. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails